We’re holding another Technical weekend for D owners in the Citroen Car Club.
They were started over ten years ago, to help owners learn simple fixes to help keep their cars on the road.
Usual jobs completed across a weekend include:
- Engine work – setting tappets, change spark plugs, cleaning, clutch adjustment
- Body work – adjusting panels, grease points/greasing, removing and refitting wings
- Electrical work – cleaning connectors, ignition work, fitting 123/points& condensers, tidying up
- General maintenance – changing oil, bleeding brakes, changing rear gaiters, checking fluid levels, changing wiper blades
- New owner help – what the buttons do, changing tyres, maintenance schedule, what to look out for
- The weekends are a great place to get together with other D owners and help each other.
This coming Tech weekend (on April 12 & 13 2014) is fully subscribed, but there is contact information on the Citroen Car Club site, if you are interested in attending further Technical weekends
The annual D Section Tech Weekend at Citroen Classics in Staines will be held earlier this year due to the fact that the ICCCR will be taking up a lot of our time in August when we usually have the Tech Weekend.
The weekend we have chosen for this is April 14th and 15th and the format will be the same as preceding years with your hosts supplying lunch on both days and arranging a group meal on the Saturday evening for those who want it. Let us know as soon as possible if you’d like to attend and what jobs you’d like to tackle whilst here.
Please note that this is open to current Citroen Car Club members only, and you are also welcome to just come along for a look and a chat if you do not have a D Model or do not have work to do to one.
You can contact us on 01784 452299 during the day or firstname.lastname@example.org